20 September 2020
Two concurrent trade fairs are cancelled nine days before the opening in MCH Messecenter Herning: FoodTech, the trade fair for the food industry and DiaLabXpo, the trade fair for life-science. Both trade fairs are affected by the situation in Denmark until 4 October.
At Friday's press conference the Danish Prime Minister recommend all Danes – both private and public employees – to work from home and encouraged all employers to secure that all work-related social arrangements are cancelled until 4 October. With the support from the fair committees behind FoodTech and DiaLabXpo, MCH therefore have to cancel the trade fairs, which should have taken place from 29 September to 1 October.
While the ban on gatherings applies, trade fairs are arranged based on the directions for shopping centres - as a professional meeting place for exhibitors and visiting professionals in safe surroundings for trade fairs.
- We have complied and will continue to comply with the government and the Danish health authorities’ guidelines. The cancellation of both FoodTech and DiaLabXpo is therefore a logical consequence of the Danish Prime Minister’s statement last Friday, as the trade fairs term is before 4 October, says CEO of MCH A/S Georg Sørensen, and continues:
- The decision regarding the cancellation has been made with the unanimous support from the two fair committees and from those exhibitors, we have talked with so far.
The fair committees represent the industries, and Morten Dyrner, CEO of Holm & Halby and member of the committee for both FoodTech and DiaLabXpo, emphasizes the responsibility in the decision while looking forward to the upcoming trade fairs.
- The enterprise must give way for the responsibility, and even though we are set back, the cancellation must not knock us out, says Morten Dyrner and continues:
- The trade fairs take part in restarting the Danish Industry, which is very important in times of crisis like these. This we have a commitment to fight for. And it is in times of crisis like these, that we as humans are most creative, therefore we must develop further and work towards even stronger trade fairs in 2021 and 2022.
Also Bent Stjerneby from Bentec Consulting, who is a member of the fair committee for FoodTech, supports the decision, but at same time he is sad that the trade fair cannot be completed.
- The exhibitors have prepared for the trade fair and have looked forward to presenting new technology and concepts, and to meet the customers. We have fought for the trade fair for many months, because it is important for the industry, and the cancellation is therefore a sad but necessary decision in the current situation, which we can all only support, says Bent Stjerneby.
DiaLabXpo will take place next time in autumn 2021 and FoodTech in autumn 2022.
MCH: FoodTech and DiaLabXpo are cancelled